Need Boston Movers During the COVID-19 Outbreak?
Life is changing as the COVID-19 outbreak lingers into summer 2020. Restaurants remain closed or limited in the number of guests they can serve. Schools are using virtual classrooms. Corporations are asking employees to work from home.
Some of these changes will be short-term. For example, restaurants will someday open at full capacity, and schools will someday welcome back their students.
But COVID-19 may have a long-term effect on where people live. For many years, Boston movers have helped young people move into the city center where there are jobs, entertainment venues and social opportunities. The emergence of a coronavirus is reversing that trend in the short-term and only time will tell if the tide will turn over the long-term.
For now, moving companies in Boston are helping young people move back to the suburbs.
What’s Driving the Suburban Flight?
Bloomberg recently examined why young people are considering the suburbs. The underlying reason is that COVID-19 has made irrelevant many of the motivators for living in urban city centers like Boston and Manhattan.
Young people once moved into urban areas because that’s where the best bars and restaurants and concert venues are located. But, during the COVID-19 outbreak, bars and restaurants and concert venues are closed.
Young people once moved into urban areas because there’s where job opportunities can be found. But, during the COVID-19 outbreak, the companies that once employed urban dwellers are now asking team members to work from home.
Young people once paid a premium to live in the urban areas where they could live the lifestyles they wanted. But, during the COVID-19 outbreak, employees are furloughing and laying off workers in some cases, and they are reducing pay in others. Suburbs are simply more affordable for young people with uncertain employment outlooks.
The bottom line: There’s little you can do in an urban area right now that you can’t do in the suburbs. So why not use local movers in Boston save a few bucks and get out to the suburbs?
Best Places to Live in Massachusetts and Throughout New England
There’s good news for Bostonians (and others living in urban areas) seeking an escape to the suburbs: The Boston area, and Massachusetts as a whole, is home to some of the best places to live in the country. Even surrounding states in New England offer great towns and cities where life can be just a little more affordable. Desirable destinations outside Boston include:
- Braintree (Learn more about Braintree movers.)
- Brookline (Learn more about Brookline movers.)
- Cambridge (Learn more about Cambridge movers)
- Framingham (Learn more about Framingham movers.)
- Natick (Learn more about Natick movers.)
- Newton (Learn more about Newton movers.)
- Providence (Learn more about Providence movers.
- Quincy (Learn more about Quincy movers.)
- Somerville (Learn more about Somerville movers.)
- Watertown (Learn more about Watertown movers.)
- West Roxbury (Learn more about West Roxbury movers.)
The suburbs noted above are just the start of a much longer list of great places to live. If you’re searching for the best movers in Boston, you should know that there is a way to move safely, efficiently and affordably.
How to Move During COVID-19
If you’re a young person moving from Boston to the suburbs, or anyone else who needs to change residences during the COVID-19 outbreak, using professional movers is the best way to get your belongings from one place to another. The best movers in Boston can get the job faster than using friends and family, and the right Boston movers can get the job quickly and safely. As you consider your options, look for local movers in Boston that:
- Follow guidelines: Government guidelines are constantly changing right now. Find a moving company that is staying on top of and adhering to the latest directives from state, local and federal governments.
- Provide virtual estimates: It’s best to limit face-to-face contact right now, so find a moving company that can provide a virtual estimate. Knowing your current home’s square footage is a good way to help movers provide an accurate estimate.
- Sanitize trucks and equipment: For the safety and comfort of clients, the best moving companies are frequently cleaning and sanitizing their trucks and equipment — especially between jobs.
- Wear gloves and masks: Ask whether or not your movers will be wearing personal protective equipment like gloves and masks.
- Practice social distancing: While moving does require workers to be inside your home, they can still practice social distancing to some degree.
Trust Mozart Moving
Where you live is important. As the best movers in Boston, the Mozart Moving team takes seriously the responsibility of getting your belongings to your next home. We specialize in both residential and commercial moving in Boston, and we can help you transition to a new home or office anywhere — in Boston, in a suburb, somewhere else in the region or somewhere else in the country. We provide comprehensive services, including packing and storage.
Most importantly, we help you move quickly, safely and affordably when you choose Mozart Moving as your Boston movers. If you have any concerns about moving during COVID-19, we have adapted our services to emphasize your health and safety. Current safety measures include:
- Daily cleanliness and sanitization protocols
- Adherence to social distancing guidelines
- Strict rules against symptomatic employees returning to work
Are you ready to book the leader among moving companies in Boston? Get your online quote now.
Get your Quote online
Request your move online. See your Quote in two easy steps. No credit card required